This was part of a wider piece of work undertaken by local Healthwatch throughout England and nationally.
The report focussed on:
- Attitudes towards the vaccine
- Access to the vaccine for vulnerable groups
- Logistical access to the vaccine
- Experience of the roll-out
In Swindon, almost 800 people took part in the survey with the highest proportion of ages being 35 – 74 years old. Furthermore, nearly three-quarters of respondents identified as women.
- 86% of respondents said nothing would stop them from getting the vaccine
- While 88% of respondents said that their main motivation for getting the vaccination was to protect their friends and family from getting COVID-19
- Only 5% of respondents said not being able to book a vaccine appointment at their GP surgery might stop them from getting vaccinated