OUR PRIORITIES FOR 2019/20:
The Healthwatch Advisory Board set our priorities in April 2019. This follows the priorities agreed by the Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Sustainable Transformation Partnership (BSW STP) as focus group priorities for the NHS ten year plan survey carried out by Healthwatch.
- Supporting people to have their say to help improve health and wellbeing services in Swindon
- Primary Care Networks working better together
- Mental health
- Ageing well / Frailty
- Self-care, prevention and wellbeing
Some of the key themes which emerged from feedback that we received during this quarter were as follows:
- We heard from lots of people telling us about their concerns about changes to the walk-in centre
- We received 33 pieces of feedback about General Western Hospital, three of which raised concerns about their new text messaging service.
We also attended strategic and grassroots meetings across Swindon and worked on various projects, including the specialist dental care survey and started working with the Nepalese association to find out their views on health and social care.
You can find out more by reading our report in full.