OUR PRIORITIES FOR 2019/20:
The Healthwatch Advisory Board set our priorities in April 2019. This follows the priorities agreed by the Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Sustainable Transformation Partnership (BSW STP) as focus group priorities for the NHS ten year plan survey carried out by Healthwatch.
- Supporting people to have their say to help improve health and wellbeing services in Swindon
- Primary Care Networks working better together
- Mental health
- Ageing well / Frailty
- Self-care, prevention and wellbeing
Key themes which emerged this quarter were:
- Concerns about the service provided from the IMH hub of surgeries
- Conerns raised about about mental health services
- Some told us people they are not happy with the service from Prescription Ordering Direct (POD).
- Non-emergency patient transport is also causing concern, with people calling in to find out why they are no longer eligible for transport. The contract has changed from Arriva to E-Zec.
In addition to attending various strategic and grassroots meetings, we were gathering feeback about the NHS Long Term Plan.
You can find out more about what we have been working on by reading the full report.