In July 2018 we visited Taw Hill Medical Centre to find out more about the range of services provided, to compare the experience of users, patients and staff with that at other practices and to make practical recommendations about physical aspects.
- We were courteously received by staff who went out of their way to show us around the premises.
- We received mainly positive comments from the patients we spoke to about the services provided by the medical practice. Unfortunately there were no Newmedica eye care clinics on the day of the visit. We also received two positive comments in writing following the visit.
- Taw Hill Medical Centre was developed to provide a range of GP and specialist services however the building is currently not fully used. It includes, for example, an unused operating suite and soundproof audiology room. Overall it is showing signs of wear.
- We have made recommendations about access, signage and other issues. We are aware that the recent involvement of IMH and changes to management will have an impact.
- We have made recommendations about the general appearance, upkeep and display of information.
- We noted that Newmedica are not providing as much NHS eye health service as they were expecting to and are frustrated that repairs to the floor in their area have not been undertaken.
- We have made recommendations about the maintenance of parts of the building which fall to NHS Property Services.