About this event
Each quarter we meet with our Advisory Group to decide which areas in health and social care we should focus on. This is a vital part of Healthwatch because it ensures we are independent and that the work we do is informed by members of the public.
Our Advisory Group is made up of Healthwatch volunteers, Healthwatch staff and at least one representative from the Tenant’s Group at Sanford House. One of its main functions is to decide on our work priorities for the year.
This is usually based on what we have heard from members of the public who will have spoken to us at events or over the phone about their experiences of health and social care in Swindon. We look at themes which have emerged from those conversations that we've had to help us plan our work.
Our Advisory Group is here to:
- Discuss and agree on Healthwatch priorities
- Update the group on current work projects
- To plan and agree on future Enter and View visits
- Discuss feedback received from the public and identify emerging themes, and use this to inform the work that Healthwatch does
- Go through finance and budgets and allocate funds, such as Community Pot grants, to local organisations to deliver specific pieces of work
Members of the public are welcome to attend the Advisory Group to observe the proceedings. If you would like to attend, please let us know at least one week prior to the meeting.
Any questions that you have can be submitted to be answered at the Advisory Group one week prior to the meeting date. If you are not in attendance, this will be answered by post or e-mail within a week of the meeting. Members of the public will not be part of the meeting, this is for observation only.