Keep Safe UK has produced a selection of Easy Read information on COVID, Lockdown, the COVID vaccine, and getting ill;
- Keeping Safe (Explains COVID prevention and how not to spread it)
- Back in lockdown (What you can and cannot do in Lockdown)
- Who gets the COVID vaccine first (Explains the priority list for the vaccine)
- COVID vaccine - please don't call the NHS will contact you
- How to get a COVID test
- The NHS is open for everyone who needs it
- Explaining Support Bubbles
NHS England has developed a film for people with learning disabilities and/or autistic people about vaccination. It describes what a vaccine is, how vaccines are made, why you should get a vaccine, whether a vaccine makes you ill and how to decide whether to have a vaccine.
If you would like more detailed Easy Read information on the COVID-19 vaccination or the National Lockdown, the NHS has produced these leaflets with the latest information.
Other forms of accessible COVID-19 information and activities can be found on Storicise a website developed by the Department of Health and Social Care to help children better understand COVID-19 featuring TV doctors, Dr. Chris and Dr. Xand Van Tulleken.
Storicise has videos and activities for both Primary and Secondary children to explore, ask questions, and understand about the pandemic.
Why not take a look?