Five organisations were selected by our Advisory Group to receive funding from our community pot, one of which was Parkinson's UK Swindon and District Branch.
A standard survey was developed with their involvement and was adjusted slightly to acknowledge the specific differences of its remit.
One of the requirements of receiving the funding was to ensure that 100 had participated in the survey. In the end 104 people from Parkinson's UK Swindon and District Branch shared their views on health and social care with us.
- Concern at the length of time people have to wait to get a GP appointment and/or see the clinician of their choice.
- The need for more communication about and support to register for online access to primary care services, appointments and prescription renewal.
- Frustration at the inability to book, say, three months ahead for a regular blood test or jab.
- Concern about access to carer support and respite and for the future of the Hop Skip & Jump facility.
- Concern about the post COVID-19 backlog of referrals and appointments.
- Evidence of limited knowledge of Swindon Local Offer and information about services available