There is a local Healthwatch in every area of England. We are the independent champion for people using local health and social care services. We listen to what people like about services and what could be improved and share their views with those with the power to make change happen. We also share them with Healthwatch England, the national body, to help improve the quality of services across the country. People can also speak to us to find information about health and social care services available locally. Our sole purpose is to help make care better for people.
In summary - Healthwatch Swindon is here to:
• help people find out about local health and social care services
• listen to what people think of services
• help improve the quality of services by letting those running services and the government know what people want from care
Healthwatch Swindon gives children, young people and adults across Swindon a powerful voice locally and nationally and works to help people get the best out of their local health and social care services through influencing the delivery and design of them.
We pro-actively get out into the community to listen to your experiences and pass them on to local services. Why? Because we really want to reduce inequalities in health and social care services and to do this we need to listen to every part of the community. We want equal access, treatment and outcomes for all communities in our local area.
Critically, Healthwatch Swindon is independent from the services you use and it represents an opportunity for you to ensure health and social care services in your local area really meet your needs.
We want to hear from you about your experiences so that we can tell services your needs to create the best local services. Share your stories with us using our online feedback centre for issues, concerns or to tell us if a service was great.
To ensure your voice is heard Healthwatch Swindon has representatives on various Boards and Groups in Swindon including:
- Health and Wellbeing Board
- Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment Steering Group
Due to personal experiences raised through Healthwatch Swindon, service users have also been invited to and are involved in:
- Patient and Public involvement forums
- Nutrition and hydration steering group (at Great Western Hospital)
- Regional research projects
- Health Services redesigns
- Healthwatch Enter and View visits
Healthwatch Swindon is delivered by The Care Forum.
The Care Forum is a Registered Charity No.1053817 and a Company Limited by Guarantee in England No.3170666 Registered Address, The Care Forum, The Vassall Centre, Gill Ave, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2QQ